Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy I Survived My Injection Yesterday

So let me just start off by saying that if anything is going happen to anyone...it is going to happen to me.

Yesterday I went in to get my Hydroxyprogesterone Injection just like I have done every Friday for the past 6 or so weeks. But this Friday was not like the others. I noticed right after the needle came out that I felt a burning sensation going down my left leg...the same side that I got my injection in. Then it really started to burn around the injection site. I tried to just ignore it because I figured it was nothing...they feel different all the time. This one was just way more painful then all the others. When I was walking past the nurses station to leave I tried to say good-bye to the nurses...but I started to choke. I figured I just needed some water, so I stopped in the waiting room to get a sip and that didn't help. So I started to walk out of the waiting room when I noticed something was terribly wrong. I thought I was having heart problems and I was sure my throat was closing. I looked down and noticed my arms were bright red and I could feel my face swelling. So I turned around and walked back through the door where the nurses were sitting and sat down in a chair beside them. Don't really remember what I said to them at that time...but I definitely let them know I couldn't breath. They immediately helped me to a room and gave me a shot of Benadryl in my other hip. It started working right away. Within 2 to 3 minutes of getting the Benadryl everything was back to normal. I feel very lucky that I was at the clinic when this happened and not at home with Billy giving me the injections. Who knows what would have happened. Today I don't even feel like it happened. My face is a little swollen but I feel great! I am going to make an appointment with my doctor first thing Monday for sometime next week to find out about continuing on with the progesterone or changing medication or what I should do next. That was one of the scariest things I've ever experienced and don't want it to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment