Sunday, September 20, 2009

27 Weeks And 4 Days

I went to the doctor on Friday. I did a glucose test, met with my OB, got a shot of RhoGAM and another ultrasound on my cervix and then measured the babies. My meeting with my doctor went good. We have decided that I am on light bed rest. Meaning...no standing for more then 30 min. at a time, no shopping, no nothing...just taking it easy. No problem! I've been pretty tired these days anyways. My ultrasound on my cervix showed that my cervix has thinned more. A good, normal cervix at this time will measure at 3+". Last week mine measured in at 2.2" and this time it measured in at 1.7". I will be going back next Friday to see if it has gone down even more. If it measures at 1.5" or less...then they are going to give me two steroid shots. Those are to mature the babies lungs for breathing...if they were too come early. They are also going to do some kind of swab that will tell them all kinds of information but the main result they want out of the test is to know if I will deliver within the next two weeks. They don't think I will...but this is just a precaution. The babies weights are great. Joey weighs 2.9 lbs. and Molly weighs 2.8 lbs. The only picture I have recently is of Molly. But it's a 3D one and unless you have someone point out to you where she is...it's really hard to read. Joey has not been cooperating...he had his head buried really far down "there", so we can't see his face. We can barely get a good measurement on his head because of where he is. I don't know what it is about my boys...they are just so impatient and ready to meet all of us I guess. Hopefully he'll wait a few more weeks. My doctors would like to see me go at least 5 or 6 more weeks. So cross your fingers and say a little prayer for us. ;)

As far as our barndominium goes...well, we are a little behind schedule due to all the rain and no road. All of our concrete is finally poured and the barn has started to go up. In fact Billy has them working this week-end and any other time it is dry enough to get out there. Hopefully our electricity will be going up this coming week and the barn part should be completed. IF the weather cooperates. :)I know we won't be in our barn house before the babies come...but I would like to get into it before they start sleeping in a crib. I am not setting up a nursery in our house in town. Just not going to do it twice! I have a Pack N Play that they will be sleeping in for the first few weeks in our room. Then...they will need our barn house to be ready...so they can sleep in their own room.

This is Billy and a guy from GCLS building our pier. Yes...those sure are some big poles! Billy doesn't play around when it comes to doing things. Go BIG or Go HOME!


Still building the pier! And that is pretty much how it has been left. :)


Here is the slab with the poles for the lean-to's.


Our barn...almost all framed out


Billy and Halle...just getting off the maintainer. They were working on building us a road before the rain starts up again.

1 comment:

  1. Love you! Miss you! Hope to see you when I come to town the weekend of October 9th.

    ReplyDelete