Friday, September 11, 2009

MFM Visit

Today I met with the other MFM (Maternal Fetal Medicine) doctor. They did another ultrasound and said everything looks good. The amniotic fluid is the same as it was 2weeks ago...and that is great. My cervix looks the same as last time also but he would like to see me on bedrest...not strickly bedrest...but some. He said that my cervix is holding the same amount of weight right now that someone carrying a singleton would be at 36 weeks pregnant. He said it is a lot of weight and getting to be too much for my cervix. The cerclage is doing great and holding strong. He wants to see me carry the babies for at least 8 more weeks if not 10. I am going to do my best to take it easy...but it's not that easy to do when Billy is out of state working during the week. But I do have plenty of people to do things for me around town if I really need them to. Just hate asking for help all the time. I go back next Friday for an OB appointment and then I need to figure how to get all my OB and MFM Ultrasound appointments in sync. That way I am only going in about every 3 to 4 weeks. The MFM doctors don't want me traveling more then neccessary and would only like to see me a few more times. After the appointment, Mom and I, went to eat at Gringo's in Richmond...mmmmm that was some GOOD mexican food. Think I have a new favorite place to eat. For a little while anyways! :))

1 comment:

  1. Girl you better take it easy! Break the rules and you will end up on hospitalized bed rest.. trust me! Something else I was going to tell you - They had me drinking Boost or Ensure drinks like 3 times per day. It was to plump the babies up so they are good and strong. Also because I never ate anything good for me - just junk. You are doing great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete