Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Update From My Doctor

Last Friday I went to my clinic for an ultrasound. I had a little incident the previous week and went to the ER at St. Luke's Hospital in Sugar Land. It ended up being nothing... but my doctor wanted to double check and make sure everything was okay. So last Friday I met with the MFM (Maternal Fetal Medicine) doctor who looked over my ultrasound pictures. He didn't sound too concerned about anything just gave us a heads up on what was going on. Used a lot of medical terms that Billy and I didn't really understand. What we did understand was that I will be going in every other week from now on to check on my cervix. Apparently when pressure is applied to my stomach my cervix was looking really thin. And there is a little more amniotic fluid then normal in both the sacs. Joey has more then Molly... but since they both have more then usual he wasn't too concerned. My OB doctor called me first thing Monday morning to go over everything the MFM doctor had told us. She put everything in terms we could understand. Basically my cervix is thinning and the membrane is starting to push through from the baby side of the cervix. She told me I need to take it really easy and absolutely no lifting. The cerclage is doing it's job and stopping the membrane from pushing through and the cervix from dilating. She said they will also be watching the fluid in the sacs to make sure Joey doesn't have too much more the Molly and just to make sure it stays the same. For now I am just happy to not be on bed rest. I started my new progesterone last night and it seems to agree with me. Makes me really tired and sleepy... but that's perfectly fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment