Friday, June 26, 2009

Life Is Great

Now that I am in my second trimester...I am starting to get my energy back. Lets see...it's been a little while since I've written. This week was busy!

Sunday - My family got together at the Braden's house for hot dogs and to celebrate Father's Day!

Monday - Mom, Sarah and I went to Houston to go to lunch (PF Chang's)and a movie (The Proposal). Then Monday night us girls (Mom, Tracy, Sarah and I)ate spaghetti and played games. We played Clue (I won), Taboo (Tracy and Mom won) and then Balderdash (I think Sarah won).

Tuesday - I went to Houston with Robin. We went to (3) Hobby Lobby's, Robin was fitted for her wedding dress and then to dinner with Denise (Day Day) Wendel.

Wednesday - Houston again, I had a doctors appointment. At this appointment my doctor checked my stitches and said everything looks good...they are still in place. I also did my glucose test. Not bad...just felt a little nauseous about 2 hours afterwards. Should find out those results on Friday. But I did find out that my doctor wants me to start progestrone injections. They will do my first one during my 17th week and I will do one every week until I'm 32 weeks. They said I can have Billy give them to me...but I might see if Sarah's nurse at the clinic can. Billy did give me my injections during IVF in 2007 and again in 2008...but that was in the stomach...these are in my hip. Not sure about letting him do those? But we will see.

Thursday - Went to Splashway in the morning with Halle, Amy & Addy and Wendy & Morgan. We had a great time with the kids. We got home around 2:00 pm. Took Halle back to daycare and then I came home to rest up before getting ready for the CCA Banquet. Got home around 10:45 last night and went right to sleep.

Friday - Woke up at 9 o'clock with Roco sitting on my pillow and licking my face. What a great way to wake up in the morning! Today and this week-end I plan on taking it easy. Although later today I am going to Britni's house for Twin Lesson 101. She is going to give me another book to read and help me with registering and any other info I may need.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Christy! Glad you're doing good. Brent gave me my progestrone shots all the time so I bet Billy could handle it. It's a good way for them to be apart of the process and also you get a lot of sympathy from them for having to go through this stuff. LOL. Have fun at Britni's. She'll give you good advice - I take tips from her all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a Britni!!!!!!
    Sounds like you have been busy! Glad all is well. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know so you are not surprised. The progesterone injections are thick and they can be painful after the shot is over too. They are nothing like the stomach injections. I gave those to myself. My husband gave me the progesterone and it was not a fun part of my day. Just sike yourself up and tell yourself if it keeps the babies in longer then I'll just do it. I hope your twin pregnancy is going well.
    Sara (Beery) Macha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christy,

    Glad to hear the news and that all is well. Take it easy and say hi to Billy for me ;-)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete