Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Today Is Not A Good Day

I told myself from day one...this is not going to be easy...but no complaining. This is a huge blessing for us and I will do anything and everything I have to, to protect my babies and get them here safely (after staying in me for at least 34 weeks). The surgery was no big deal...and I'm not that worried about the progestrone injections. BUT me, on a diet...not good! Now I'm just cranky and angry.
I am just having a really hard time today. I got a call from my doctor yesterday to hear that I failed my glucose test. :( I was supposed to start my new diet today. I got all the info yesterday on what to eat for the next 3 days (yes, just 3 days) and went grocery shopping and everything was fine. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to actually eat all the items on my list. I never really knew how big a cup was until I filled it with 2 veggies I don't normally eat. So this morning I was supposed to eat 1 cup fruit juice, 1 egg, 2 slices of bread, 1-/2 cups dry cereal, 1 cup milk and 1 fresh fruit. The only thing I was able to keep down was the bowl of cereal. For lunch I was supposed to eat 1 serving of meat, fish, egg OR cheese, 1 cup of corn, 2 slices of bread, 2 cup of any green veggie, 1 fresh fruit and 1 cup of milk. The only thing I kept down was the grilled cheese sandwich and the milk. It's 3:00 and I'm not sure about trying to get the fresh fruit down. I really wish I liked veggies and bread. BUT I don't. Hopefully come Friday I will pass my glucose test and be done with this.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I have a lot of friends that didn't pass the glucose test the first time, but passed the second. Just stay away from sweet stuff and eat bland meals for the next three days. Hopefully that will work. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete