Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Friend Rachel

Just have to share some really good news I got the other day.

I got a call the other day from one of my very best friends...that moved away about 11 years ago and doesn't seem to want to come home. Rachel Childers Hawkins. She called to give me the most wonderful news. She and her husband, Chip, are expecting a baby and she is due a month after me. I feel like such a goober! I called her in May to tell her I was pregnant and I just went on and on about myself as usual...of course she wasn't going to tell me her good news anyways...since she had just found out...but how weird that I would call her to tell her my news and she had some news of her own. I am so excited and wish she would move home so our kids could grow up together. But that is just wishful thinking! :) Or is it? I know you read this Rachel...get your butt back to TEXAS! I miss you!

If you want to read more about Rachel just click on the "No Really...This Is My Life" blog under MY FRIENDS list.

Anyways...that was my good news!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I have my own little tribute blog. I feel so special! Thanks, Crusty you are the bestest friend ever!
    As for the phone call when you told me your news a) I had just found out via tt'ing on a stick b) I had not been to the doctor c)I didn't want to be like, "Oh yeah, me too" and take away your shining moment! d) I was so super excited for you and Billy it didn't seem like anything else in the world mattered at that moment!
    As for my moving back to Texas....I'd never say never, but at this moment it's not in the cards. Also, you need to pick on Jason because he knew my news when you went and told him your news....You told me that he was not allowed to tell me, you had to call me and tell me yourself. Little did you know, he had a secret too!
    Thanks for the special shout out! I will try to be a faithful blog poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your twin pregnancy I just found your blog through Beth's and wanted to comment. Twins will be the ride of your life, I have twin boys that are 19 months old now, and its a blast. Good luck with everything. Also congrats to Rachel, I will have to check out her blog.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete