Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Surgery

So yesterday was a long day. Billy and I got to the hospital around 7:30, we were running late as usual. I got all ready for my surgery that was supposed to happen around 9:30. But my doctor ended up having 2 emergencies she had to take care of before she could get to me. So I ended up not going in for the procedure until 2:00. At that point I was very tired, very hungry and very scared. They took me into the room...gave me the spinal and some gas to make me relax...it was all over by 2:25. Everything went really good. My doctor said it was a really good thing that we did the cerclage as early as we did because I was already starting to dilate a little. She said the first stitch they put in did not do the job so they added a second one that pulled my cervix closed tight. I will go back in about a week to make sure nothing has changed. If there is no change...then I will only have to go in as often as a normal pregnancy, but if it's not the same as she left it, then she will see me every week to make sure I don't go into pre-term labor again. My doctor did say that this is not our last resort. If for some reason this does not work for us...then there are several other options for us. She said she will do everything she can to make sure the babies don't come too early.

Today I am really sore and taking it easy. But for everything that I went though yesterday I am pretty surprised with how good I feel. I think most of the soreness is just from the position they put me in for the 25 minutes of the procedure. A little of the pain is in my stomach...very little though. So right now...I'm going to take some more Tylenol and go back to sleep. :)

2 comments: