Monday, June 8, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow

I just got the best call yet. Dr. Vyas just called to tell me my blood test results... NORMAL! Yes! I am so excited. I have been a nervous wreck all week-end just waiting for this call. And finally I got it. But this means that tomorrow morning I will be having my cerclage done. Yikes! A little scared...but whatever I have to do to make sure this pregnancy goes better then the last then that is what I will do. Dr. Vyas said that the surgery only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to do...but getting there is that hard part. I will go in around 7:00 tomorrow morning at St. Luke's Hospital in the medical center. I will have to register and then do some blood work for the anesthesiologist. Sometimes they just to a spinal to numb my lower half and other times they have to put the mommy under. I don't really know what I would prefer...but I'm pretty sure I won't have a choice. It is whatever they decide to do. My surgery will be done sometime around 9:30. So right now I am going to eat up...since I have to stop eating at mid-night. That might just kill me right there. I am usually starving at 4 or 5:00 a.m. so this should be interesting. If anyone wants to cook me anything I really love and have been craving some chicken and dumplings, Mom. Just Kidding! :D

8 comments:

  1. I hope the surgery goes well! I will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I just found your blog and I am smiling ear to ear and just soooo very happy for you and Billy! Congratulations!!! I also had a cerclage put in at 14 weeks and it is the only thing that saved my pregnancy. My doc put it in initally as a precaution and turns out it was much needed. Good luck! I am praying for you and I am so excited to follow your blog. Gotta go now so I can catch up on reading all about your journey! -Dory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how all of your doctors are so ontop of things and respond immediately to whatever it is you need. Makes me feel safe for you and the little ones. Good luck tomorrow morning and please keep us posted. I wish I was close enough to bring you chicken and dumplings, well I actually wish I knew how to make chicken and dumplings. Anyway, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy and Christy,
    We are super excited for you two! I can't wait to keep up with the twins when they're here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck with everything Christy. I work right down the road, so please let me know if you need anything anytime you are in the med center.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy...Just found your blog and I'm so excited to keep with your pregnancy. I'm so happy for you and Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They were much needed yesterday.

    ReplyDelete